Sarcopenia refers not only to the reduction in muscle mass, but to the reduction of muscle strength and poor physical fitness. If elderly walk slowly, fall down easily, lack of energy to twist a towel, have difficulty getting up from chair a and open a bottle, they may have a higher risk of getting sarcopenia!
Sarcopenia is not just elderly health issue, without exercise, the muscle mass will start to lose at 3-5% every 10 years after the age of 30! Once you are 40 years old, your muscle mass is reduced by 8% every 10 years. After 70 years old, it is reduced by 15% every 10 years. Thus, you need to build muscle when you are young and the sooner the better.
Many girls worry about getting bulky and muscular when talk about “build muscle”, thus, exercise will not be included in their weight loss plan except calorie-restriction diet which will result in muscle loss but not fat loss. Muscle loss in girls may pose serious sarcopenia risk.
Muscle not only helps to maintain body balance, generate energy, maintain body temperature, but also help:
- Support bone system, improve back pain and knee pain
- Promotes blood circulation, increases basal metabolic rate, weight control
- Helps to improve metabolic syndrome
Self-screening Method for Sarcopenia – Finger-Ring Test
How to slow down muscle loss as you get older?
1. Exercise at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time
- Aerobic exercise combine with resistance exercise has been shown to promote muscle protein synthesis and also help to improve physical strength.
2. Adequate protein intake
Take 1.0-1.2 grams of high-quality protein per kilogram of body weight such as meat, eggs, milk, soy milk, etc. For example, a 50 kg person needs 50-60 grams of protein per day to achieve optimal synthesis of muscle protein. In addition to meat, soy protein is the best source of plant protein. Soybean bioactive peptides in De Tide can be absorbed faster than soy protein due to its higher bioavailability. Thus, it can help to replenish muscle protein quickly, improve physical fitness, promote recovery of damaged muscle cells during exercise and thus help to eliminate fatigue.
Sitting down 8-10 hours every day for eating, playing phone, watching television or even sleeping is silent killer because being sedentary has been associated with a number of chronic diseases, and even called "sitting disease".
Sitting too long is likely to cause overweight, and the relative risk of developing high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes will increase, which is why chronic diseases have become the biggest health threat in Malaysia.
A recent study published in the American Journal of Cardiology found that being sedentary can increase cardiovascular risk significantly even if the body mass index (BMI) is normal. The researchers found that people who were sedentary had higher abdominal fat content, shortness of breath during exercise, higher waist circumference or poor physical fitness. The researchers also found that people who were sedentary increased their risk of cardiovascular disease by 29% in 10 years.
7 Negative Effects Of a Sedentary Lifestyle
1. Lack of exercise and poor sugar metabolism can cause high blood sugar level
2. Muscle cannot burn excess body fat and reduced blood flow can increase the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and cardiovascular disease
3. Increasing visceral fat would increase waist circumference
4. Slower digestive motility can cause maldigestion, bloating, loss of appetite, constipation, etc.
5. Poor sitting posture can easily lead to lumbar disc herniation and cause muscle soreness.
6. Muscle mass reduction would cause physical fitness level and fat burning rate deteriorate which will result in obesity problem.
7. Reduced blood flow to brain will cause reduced attention span
Maintaining the same posture for a long period of time can easily cause back pain, hand pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and etc. Thus, for every 30 minutes,
- Office workers should do stretching exercises for 15 to 30 seconds
- Walk to the bathroom, pantry, etc.
- Get up and walk around during the television advertisement time
- Walk to colleague's desk for discussion and not by call
- Moderate supplementation of antioxidants can help to improve blood vessel elasticity and promote blood circulation. De Renue is rich in antioxidants from fruits and vegetables which is a good helper for cardiovascular protection.
First, we must first understand the source of body toxins. Toxins are substances that can interfere with normal physiological activities of the body. It can be divided into extrinsic toxins and intrinsic toxins. Extrinsic toxins mainly refer to harmful substances caused by environmental pollution, such as air pollution, water pollution, food and pesticide processing pollution, indoor environmental pollution (electromagnetic radiation), chemicals and etc.
Intrinsic toxins refer to metabolic waste generated from metabolism of sugar, fat, protein and trace elements cannot be excreted efficiently from the body. Toxins can also be produced when detoxification pathway of digestive system, blood vessel or organs are blocked. In addition, life stresses will also cause “psychological toxins”. Whether it is extrinsic or intrinsic toxins, it will have massive impact on body health. Therefore, the human body needs to excrete these excess substances via the body's detoxification system.
The six major detoxification organs of the human body include:
3. Lymphatic and circulatory systems
5. Large intestine
How Do You Know When It's Time for A Detox?
- Loss of body weight control
- Skin rash, eczema, itching
- Bad breath, body odor
- Feeling tired all the time
- Muscle soreness
- Poor immunity
- Sleep disorders, insomnia
De Clare contains multiple highly effective ingredients which not only help to digestive health, but also improve the body's immunity and offer significant health benefits from detoxification.
Consume carbohydrate food does not make us fat, because it is also one of the six major nutrients, and glucose is the preferred energy source for cells of body organs, especially the brain, nervous system, heart and etc. Unless you eat too much, taking carbohydrate food is not the main cause of obesity.
So, are you eating complex carbohydrate or sugar? What is the difference between these two?
Sugar = simple carbohydrate ; Fiber and starch = complex carbohydrate
The biggest problem for people nowadays is not eating sugar, but to take too much sugary food, such as: brown sugar pearl milk, doughnuts, cakes, biscuits, ice cream and etc. Excessive sugar intake will lead to increased insulin secretion and unstable blood sugar level.
Complex carbohydrate foods include:
1. Whole grain
- Rice (brown rice, germ rice), whole wheat noodles (instead of refined white rice or noodle)
- Unprocessed cereals such as red bean, mung bean and barley
- Potato, sweet potato, taro and other root vegetables
2. Fresh fruit
3. Original dairy products (no flavoring added)
Although these 3 types of complex carbohydrate foods contain sugar, they also contain other nutrients such as fiber, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals.
Complex carbohydrate food can help body to:
1. Generate energy
2. Protecting body tissue – Avoid breakdown of muscle protein when lacking in energy supply
3. Regulate fat metabolism
4. Regulate physiological functions by fiber, lactose, oligosaccharides, polysaccharide immunomodulators and etc.
A balanced diet with increased physical activity is effective weight management methods. De Slend helps to manage your weight with the following features:
- Promote metabolism
- Suppress appetite
- Boost energy and promote fat burning
It is important to understand the root cause of skin aging.
5 Main Factors of Skin Aging:
1. Ultraviolet light - destroys the structure of skin's collagen fibers and elastin, skin lose its elasticity and brown spot will develop on skin
2. Glycation – Glycation between collagen and elastin in skin dermis with sugar causing skin lose some of its elasticity
3. Poor blood circulation - decreased cell turnover will lead to accumulation of dead skin cells and leaving the skin look dull
4. Dry skin - Dry skin is the major cause of wrinkles and sagging
5. Hormone deficiency - Growth hormone can promote skin metabolism, blood circulation, replenish skin nutrition, eliminate old waste materials, but its secretion will gradually decrease after the age of 25.
How to maintain youthful skin?
1. Sun protection – Ultraviolet light accelerates collagen loss
2. Get enough sleep - regulate the secretion of stress hormone
3. Reduce sugary food and beverage intake – reduce skin glycation
4. Reduce oily food intake - reduce free radical production
5. Consume Le Beaute which is rich in fruit and vegetable antioxidants as well as soy extracts - Reduces free radicals, helps to soothe skin inflammation and promotes collagen production